Taking a moment to be thankful for that handsome hubby of mine. He spent the last 2 days off due to the polar vortex 2014. He has now used 6 snow days. They will be making up at least one day. When he knew he was going to be off, he headed out to lowe's for some supplies to make some repairs around the house.
1. Changing out 2 overhead lights in the kitchen. One hasn't worked for a couple years, one hums when you flip the switch. Now we have bright task lighting to wash dishes and cook by! Amazing what a little light will do in your life.
2. Repairing the drywall in our bedroom. 2 holes were cut in the wall a last winter to fix a leak. A leak that was never found.
3. Putting the pedestal back on the bathroom sink by extending the plumbing and moving the sink. It never fit since he replaced the flooring (3yrs ago on another snow day- he also replaced the toilet the same day. In a 1 bathroom house that was fun) It was kinda falling off the wall.
4. Repairing the Tupperware cupboard and the drawer above it. Really I don't break things on purpose. They just seem to break while I am using them.
5. He even upgraded our fire safe box to a safe. Now we have a place for important papers, coins, gift cards, my dad's navy photos. He asked if I wanted to put any scrapbooks in the safe, for safe keeping. Uh, we need a safe room to contain them all. It was a sweet thought.
6. Because of the above repairs, I was able to cross of a few things from my list: move silverware drawer & junk drawer and organize Tupperware.
7. I am so thankful that Eddie is handy and willing to do things around our house. Especially on his bonus days off. He is a great example to our boys.
8. I know he was happy to go back to work today...to rest!