After church this past Sunday, my sweet niece maya kindly reminded me that she will turn 10 this year, as she turned to Riley: high 5 for double digits! What? How did the 2 year olds get this big? (We refer to maya, mason & Riley as the 2 year olds...they were all born the same year..it was fun to be pregnant with my 2 SILS at the same time) so I thought I better record Riley joe at 9:
1. He loves school! And learning. He is lucky to have so many teachers at school, at church & a wonderful piano teacher. Third grade. He is happy his buddy Corbin is in his class this year. Loves to play football or tag at recess. Comes home covered in mud or holes in his pants on a weekly basis.
2. Legos are still a favorite. When he gets a new set, it is put together ASAP. He follows instructions like it's his job. He studies Lego idea books at night and sometimes just has to build something because it's in his brain. He remembers all of the guys and what set they came from and what accessory goes with them.
3. Shows: Chima, clone wars, Americas funniest home videos. Reading: Percy Jackson books & comic books Playing: minecraft, infinity, clash of clans, wii sports, any board game.
4. He is sweet, smart, thoughtful, sensitive, easy going, funny, kind, polite and is willing to help out. He helps his brother when he sees a need. He will cover me up with a blanket so I don't get cold. His Daddy is his hero.
5. He is responsible for only being 9. He will let the dog out& feed her if he's the 1st one up. He does his homework and reads every night without being asked.
6. He would eat 10 oranges in a day if I let him! He will try new things and pretty much eats like an adult. He is aware if good food choices sometimes will have fruit for dessert.
7. Wearing size 3 shoes, 8-10 pants & shirts.
8. Remembers details and is sentimental about his stuffed animals
9. My first born son who promises to call me mama even when he is taller than me. #lovethiskid