1. Today is National Pancake Day...pancakes and bacon for dinner.
2. Don't really have a meal plan for this week. Wednesday is dinner at church, Thursday: meatballs and spag, Friday: homemade pizza; Saturday: roasted chicken. And we will be doing some baking on Saturday- looking forward to a Saturday at home.
3. Cleaning and trying to organize the house ! this is a never ending process, but it seems winter we turned into hoarders. First to go - stockpile items. Donating tonight to our church pantry: 55 toothbrushes, 25 toothpaste, 2 shampoos, 2 giant bottles of hair gel, 2 mens body wash, 4 dish soap, 2 shaving creams and 2 deodorants. This doesn't include the random bags of groceries I have been giving away. Just this morning my mother in law got bacon, cinnamon bread and toilet paper.
4. Parenthood season finale tonight...I can't take it. The story lines are breaking my heart...don't even get me started on the Glee winter finale.
5. Thank goodness for Jersey Shore, it balances out the heartbreak from #4. Yes I watch Jersey Shore. I love those crazy kids.
My boys: Brady and Riley on 11-27-11 at the cabin in Hocking Hills. How is it I don't have any current pictures from 2012 on my computer? means ANY pictures I have taken in 2012 are still on my memory card in my camera, in my bag. Must start taking more pictures! They really are the best buddies. They love playing legos, star wars, transformers together. Don't get me wrong, they do fight, tattle and try to tackle each other. But for the most part they are happy and get along so well. I hope they will always be close.
7. Miranda Lambert - got to see her a couple weeks ago in Youngstown with my sister. No, Blake didn't show up, but it was a rocking good concert. Reminds me that yes I do have country roots. My dad was born in the hollers of Tennessee in a small town of Elizabethen. I grew up listening to Slim Whitman, Merle Haggar, Kenny Rogers, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Loretta Lynn to name a few. I still hear the southern drawl in my dad's voice. Note to self: Call your Daddy.
8. We spent the past weekend in Pittsburgh with 3 other couples. It was so much to hang out with just the adults. I kinda forgot who I am without kids around. I LOVE BEING MAMA. But do you ever have those moments of panic, like, wait who I am? Okay this isn't coming out right, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say. No I do not have amnesia. But as mamas and wives, we tend to put ourselves last. And when you have a minute to just focus and just be you or part of a couple it is an adjustment, you can order from the adult menu. It was 27 hours full of laughs, cab hailing, drinks, room cocktails, food, dessert, food, gambling, walking, driving, shopping, dancing, hockey watching, and facebook status updates. And it was fun to bond with these couples who we are going on vacation with in June. Good people = good times.
9. There is a reason I don't watch the news. My heart aches for the community of Chardon.
10. Okay barely made it to 10, but off to flip my bacon and get ready for a prayer meeting at 7:00.
Happy Tuesday y'all!