1. So blogging. What is good for? Besides a $7.95 debit to my bank account every month. Figure I better start using this tool to keep track of life.
2. To record little moments, like Brady last week. He wanted to be rocked before bed. While Daddy and Riley played on the floor trying to construct all Star Wars Lego ships that we have directions for. As I tried to gather him up on my lap, tears began to sting my eyes. How did this kid get so big? Where is my sweet chubby baby with unruly hair? I started to hum the lullaby that we spent many nights trying to lull him back to sleep when he was that sweet chubby baby. Remember he didn't sleep through the night for the first year of his life? I kept rocking, aware of all the blessings in my life where right here in the play room. I must have stopped humming, as Brady said: Keep singing mama, I like that song. And then my heart exploded.
3. Legos. They are everywhere. In an effort to try to organize them, we are going to try to build all the ships that we have directions for. And not destroy them. Leave them intact until all the ships are built. Then we can store the extras pieces. We can store each ship with their directions in a separate bag. It might be an insane dream of mine to actually organize legos. Because I can't stand when the little guys are missing heads and hands! At least we are enjoying the process and spending time building ships and guys! Riley says: Mama, I love legos as much as you love coupons. You can't argue with that logic. Riley is going to be a builder when he grows up.
4. August is almost as bad as May is in the Marquette household. This August besides marching band we have added 3-4 nights a week of soccer. Back to school for all boys. Eddie- band director to 500+ kids, not to mention the largest marching band in the history of Highland Local Schools. Riley - 2nd grade, Brady - kindergarten - full day (wahhhhh) Soccer games on Saturdays. Football games on Friday nights. And soon we will add WNA to the mix. Piano lessons are on hold until October. And trying to squeeze out every last drop of summer in the free moments we have.
5. My to do lists are crazy. I need to actually write them all down so I can get them out of my head. I think I am giving myself ADD.
6. Time to break out the crockpot - see number 4. We can't live on peanut butter, grapes and go gurts for much longer. Any crockpot recipes you want to share?
7. Public Service Announcement: Never purchase an appliance from Best Buy. We are on our 3rd replacement order for a new refrigerator. They brought a new replacement yesterday? Damaged in the same place. So now I have to calmly make a call to customer service and order yet another one or put in a service call. Eddie says: Be nice, Miller. Oh I will be nice. After they give me a discount for keeping their defective product.
8. Fall is right around the corner. Another season. A new beginning. I don't know what I am more excited for - crisp air, cinnamon candles, apple crisp, a new yarn wreath, pretty leaves, new school supplies, hikes, pumpkin muffins, Parenthood, Grey's, Private Practice, sweaters, new boots, cleaning and organizing the busyness of summer...what is your favorite thing about fall?
9. So You Think You Can Dance. Catching up on episodes on DVR. Did you see the one with all of Mia Michaels choregraphed numbers in one show? favorite.show.ever.
10. Savings at Giant Eagle today: Spent $3.98 saved $53.24. Got 12 free Crest Toothpaste, hot dogs, granola bars, reynolds wrap and cheese sticks. Riley is right, I do love coupons. And I love sharing good deals and tips. Just ask my sister & sister in laws ! They are good students :) And Cassie and Mandy, you too will be good students - it just takes time and deep breathing! Thinking about rolling out a series of "How to use coupon" classes...